With all collections these are generally appreciate over time
Here are the usual options:
- Sell online through auction sites (15-25% fees) Plus the work involved, risks attached with damage in transit and fraud.
- Sell in conventional Auction (15-17% + VAT) Lower sale prices due to 18% buyers premium
- Sell to dealers 25-35% below retail prices for comparative condition.
It’s a myth higher prices can be achieved by not selling to dealers or by using other means, as auction prices are generally set by dealers according to their own need to replenish stock, its another case of supply and demand.
It’s also important to understand online prices do not reflect the true nature of the market as there are still a large group of collectors who never go online.
- Find a dealer who you feel comfortable will give you a good deal
- Work with them by listing whats available for sale so they have this in mind when talking to other collectors.
- Sell as it happens, don’t force the issue by selling all at once as this would realise you a lower price.
- Agree purchase prices and send clear images.
Always remember dealers are the life blood to your collections value and without them your items would command much lower prices, so it makes sense they are the ones who earn the extra bit for their efforts.