We have always used a secure payment gateway for customers in the past but we now have upgraded the whole website to be encrypted and secure in all aspects of the data that customers may have added to the website in the past and the future, such as contact details etc. We never did and still do not capture any other data regarding payment cards as this should be private between the buyer and PayPal.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused over the past two days with any security warnings on the website but this was due to the complex nature of the work involved, or more precisely the lack of info give to use to complete the secure chain needed to make it happen promptly.
Anyway it’s done now and customers can now be sure we have taken the extra measures required to ensure Tooltique.co.uk is as a safe and secure as any shopping portal online.
5 Tips to shopping safely online: (I appreciate most will know this but if it helps just one person it’s worth mentioning)
- Never share your card information over the phone to anyone.
- Never make a payment on an unsecured webpage
- Look for a landline telephone number on the website
- Save an image of what you are expecting to receive (right click & save as)
- If in any doubt ask questions and check first how a website responds to customers